Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Day in the Life


Robbie had to soak his feet because he got a thorn. He ended up giving himself a bath in that bucket.








My life is oh so--not exciting. To prove to you how un-exciting it is, the highlight of my day today is cooking a 4 lb bag of dried pinto beans. I got 4 lbs for $2.47 which equals at least 8-10 cans of pinto beans which would be $.88/each. You do the math. I'm freezing them in ziplocs to save for tacos, taco salad, refried beans, chili, bbq baked beans...that's my highlight. I'm also dividing up food service sized cans of tomato sauce, tomatoes, and ketchup for the freezer. I'm pretty sure when it's all said and done today I will have saved about $40.


But it's the little things that really get you by. And a lot of times I think that todders are God's punishment....for something. But a lot of times, he is the biggest blessing ever when I look over and he is sitting in the bouncy seat with Elise in his Spiderman underpants. So just a post of a couple pics of my cute-and-strange kids. I'd like to think Robbie gets his strange-ness from his dad....but I may have to take the credit.

3 comments:

The High Family said...

You have such an adorable family, and I just crack up reading your blog because I can hear you telling these stories out loud. You are a great mom! I am so glad you have this blog, I love seeing what you are up to!

Unknown said...

oh i just can't wait to get married and have kids...i hope to one day cook an entire bag of pinto beans and freeze them for later use...
and is that a picture of rob and robbie in the shower? a little scandalous i must say

Unknown said...

oh i forgot to say that i love that picture of robbie and elise. they both look really big...you should these pictures on facebook too:)