Monday, April 6, 2009

Milestones


















Well, I haven't blogged in a while, but there is much to write about!

Elise has started "eating" cereal (eating is a very loose interpretation of what actually takes place). She typically pushes the majority of it straight out of her mouth but I guess it's training her to get used to food. I hope. I got some plastic bibs which are great because I can rinse them off, there's even a nice little pocket at the bottom to catch the excess! Elise continues to be a delight, she is so happy and smiley and puts up with a lot of "love" from her brother.


Robbie started "playing" soccer (which is also a loose interpretation of what takes place). It's really a class that the parents have to help supervise. His "coach" is this cute British high school boy who wears red shorts, a red Manchester United jersey, and red soccer socks. It's a pretty hilarious thing to watch. Rob insisted that Robbie wear soccer cleats, to which I countered that he would be the only child dressed for actual soccer play and that the other kids would be in their light-up velcro shoes. Still, Rob insisted. So--as you can see from the pics Robbie was the only child dressed for soccer, but Rob was happy and we were able to borrow the shoes so it all worked out. Twenty minutes into his practice Robbie had come to get ten drinks of water... thirty minutes into it, he told Rob he was sick and had to stop playing. (In his defense, his face was red). However, he somehow wasn't too sick to go to the neighbor's birthday party afterward. He's a pretty funny kid.

2 comments:

Little House in the Desert said...

SO stinkin' cute!
I didn't even know they had soccer for 3 yr olds! I love the whole shoe part--you are so hilarious.
blog more. your blogs make me smile :)

Sarah Cornett said...

Just so you know...I read your blog all the time and love to hear about Robby and Elise! You tell great stories and make Matt and I laugh all the time!