Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Day at the Races













Grandma and Grandpa came to visit and took Robbie to PIR for the day to see one of their friends race. He loved it. I'm afraid they've created a monster and forever Robbie will be dreaming of being the next Lightning McQueen...in real life. And also forever giving me nightmares of being the mother of a race car driver. BUT--really, God is in control of all of that and He answers prayer so hopefully Robbie will go to college and get a nice, safe job in business somewhere... so I'll get off my rabbit trail.
He had the time of his life! He sat in the car, wore the helmet, the gloves, the glasses, and said to Grandma and Grandpa, "I can drive this car." Funny little guy. In the meantime Rob and I had a day almost kid-free. Elise is an angel so we practically were alone! So, we did what every parent with a free day would do. Ate lunch at Culver's, Rob got a haircut while I read a book, took a nap...the usual exciting happenings of tired parents.

1 comment:

Elizabeth M said...

This is too funny. I love the picture of him with the helmet on next to the mini...he looks like he really could drive that one. And of course, the pic where he's downing a bag of m&m's! We miss you guys. Toby loves to look at the pics of his cousins.