Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Winter Holidays"...whatever


Today I stood in line for what seemed like an hour with my two kids to mail a box to my sister in-law and buy some stamps for the Christmas cards I was about to unknowingly send out with no return address labels...which is just an unfortunate set of circumstances if you ask me. Oh, and I would also like to add that Robbie spilled a cherry limeade in that time AND peed his pants a little bit and then hobbled around the last ten minutes holdiing his crotch because he had to go potty. Oh, and Elise screamed the majority of the waiting period. I LOVE going in public with two kids.
When I got to the counter the woman asked if I'd like the forever stamps or the Winter Holiday stamps. Well, shucks. I'll take the winter holiday stamps of course. Ho Ho Ho! As I looked over the supposed "winter holiday" stamps I was a bit surprised to see a gingerbread man, snowman, nutcracker, and a reindeer. Hmmm...seems to me that I got the CHRISTMAS stamps.
Now, I am not one of those people that is offended by every person, commercial and checkout girl that says "Happy Holidays" to me during the Christmas season. Because I understand that lots of people aren't Christians and don't necessarily celebrate Christmas during the season and there are several other holidays in the same time period. So "Happy Holidays" is cool with me. BUT, if the government is going to deem Hannukah and Kwanzaa holidays that are important enough to necessitate their own books of stamps, then I think it's ok to call the blasted Christmas stamps what they are.... Christmas stamps!!! For the love! I mean they're making a gabazillion dollars off of people who are shipping boxes of CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!
Oh and PS...why the H*#! isn't there a restroom at the post office?

1 comment:

K-Mama said...

I am pulling a Robbie and almost wetting myself right now with laughter at this entire story. And you are RIGHT! Amen, sista!