Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving



Happy 2nd Birthday Avi!




Eating and drinking before the real feast.




Well, I guess there's no time like the present. Since Thanksgiving was only a week ago I guess it isn't terribly tacky to upload the three pictures that we took the entire weekend. We had so. Much. Fun. Seriously. My cousin and her husband are in the Marine Corp and they are stationed in Yuma right now so they were able to come, Margaret, my brother and his wife and kids, and some of my mom's friends. My mom and I had done most of the cooking the day before so we actually enjoyed the morning and had very little chaos and stress getting the meal done. We had a great day.


Then came Black Friday. I usually enjoy that. This year I did not. Apparently the economy being in the crapper brought out every single cheap and grouchy person that isn't usually willing to get up before the crack of dawn to get the deals but this year they had to or else their kids weren't getting gifts. The lines were ridiculous. The people weren't very nice and Wal-Mart was a really pointless venture...at least in Flagstaff. However, I did get almost everything on my list and we managed to have an ok-time at it. I am officially done with my sho[pping and now have several projects to complete but that's it.

Friday afternoon we went to the cabin to spend the rest of the weekend with Rob's family. We had so much fun with everyone. Robbie and his cousin Sierra had a blast together and didn't even have enough time away from their fun to bug us or whine which is always a lovely thing to me. Overall the entire weekend was great. The only trouble is that when other people are being responsible and taking pictures of my kids...I don't. So these are truly the only pictures I have of the five days we spent in Flagstaff. My mom and Rob's mom Lisa took lots of pics so maybe someday I'll remember to get the copies from them.

No comments: