Thursday, July 16, 2009

Phoenix to North Carolina to Tennessee and Back

My cousin Chris is seriously "The Baby Whisperer"





Surprise party for Aunt Shirley and Uncle Glen's Anniversary.









The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

The hurrican wind simulator at the Children's Museum in Charlotte

We had a family reunion for my dad's side of the family in TN last week, and celebrated my dad's aunt and uncle's 60th wedding anniversary. Which is such an awesome thing to celebrate, people can't seem to make it to five years these days, YAY Aunt Shirley and Uncle Glenn!! I so love and respect that couple. When my dad's mom died of cancer when he was young they helped raise him and his three siblings. They seem to always "take in strays" and are very loving and generous. I waant to be like them when I grow up. It's so awesome to see all of my dad's family and get caught up a little bit. I'm not gonna lie, it was especially fun to see Uncle Chuck, Aunt Michelle, Chris and Courtney. They are my favorites and were so great with the kids. They fought over who held Elise, and rolled around on the ground playing with Robbie and Toby and Jacob. We had a blast.
On the way there, our flight was delayed causing us to miss our connection in Minneapolis.....sooo Delta put us on a different flight through Atlanta and UPGRADED US TO FIRST CLASS FOR FREE! You hear stories of stuff like that happening...itjust never happens to you, right? Yah well, for once, it happened to us! Although I will admit it spoils you a bit to know what you're missing up there in first class. That was officially my first trip ever in first class (and possibly the last! ha~)
Turns out Elise doesn't like flying. She was pretty whiny and fussy, but Robbie was a champ. We stayed two nights in Charlotte, NC and spent the day downtown Charlotte Wednesday. Thursday we drove the 3 1/2 hours to TN and spent the rest of the weekend with family. We had SO much fun, Robbie loved every second of it because at any given moment there was someone there to play with and/or entertain him! Thanks to Jim and Terri for letting us all stay at your adorable house!
On the way home, no free upgrade to first class unfortunately! But we were all able to sit in the same row, so that's nice too. My poor sister got stuck in Johnson City, TN at the airport for 6 hours and then had to go back to our cousins because they couldn't even get her on a flight that day because of bad weather. So, sorry for her--but thankfully for the four of us, that didn't happen.
I love all of you Ater's!! Thanks for planning the reunion, and for having us! I'm going to try to post the pics in a slideshow this time because it takes FOREVER to load a bunch of pics on here, so hopefully you can see all of them. There's a couple great ones of Elise. (didn't work, can't figure out the slideshow...so I've been uploading pics for an hour!)

No comments: