Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Beach










This is a long-overdue post, I have no excuses. It just is. But, I'm making an effort to catch up and it's 3 a.m. and I can't sleep (which is usual at this point in my pregnancy) so I thought, why not catch up now?

This year, Rob has travelled a LOT. We miss him. He's been to China no less than 4 times so far this year and planning to go again in November for another 2 weeks. So when he was gone in May we planned a little family vacaton once he came home, which ended up being over Mother's Day Weekend. We borrowed my parents' camper and booked a beach camp spot in Carlsbad and went for 3 nights. We had such a fun time and decided this should be an annual event for the Laizure's. Our campspot literally looked over the ocean and it was just a short walk down a flight of stairs to the actual beach. It was a little complicated having Elise with us, because she still wasn't walking (sigh) so a little scooter on the beach makes life a little harder...and sand-ier. Overall though we had such a great trip.

Because this was our "vacation" on our own this year and we saved so much by camping we ate out a lot, which we LOVE to do but don't do very often. We found our favorite new place in Carlsbad, that of course I can't remember the name of but we got the most delicous and gigantic fish tacos ever. I think it might be The Harbor Fish Cafe? We also went to my favorite outlet mall and got some goods for the whole family (incuding a Coach bag for me! It was 50% off, plus an extra 20% off that day so wo can turn that down? It was Mother's Day after all.) Maybe we should just go to the beach every time Rob comes home from China?...

No comments: