Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baby Makes Five














Well, We have another one. Another little Laizure--Watch out world! Poor guy had no choice but to join the circus of screaming, yelling, throwing tantrums and he probably wants to go back to where he came from but that isn't an option!

William Keith Laizure was born on September 8th at 10:39 a.m. he weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. I was induced at the last minute, got the call at 5 p.m. asking if I could come in at 2 am that night and of course I said, "YES!!" I was 5 cm dilated when they checked me so the nurse didn't start the petocin until 6 am so that I would have the baby during the day when my doctor was at the hospital. The epidural worked and it was a super simple, no real complications, 3-pushes labor. Praise God! I did have to wear oxygen for the last part because William's heartrate kept going down during my contractions and thankfully, that helped and he came out healthy and perfect.

I have to admit that adding the third has been a little shocking. Going from 1 to 2 kids was really not that complicated in our family. Now at 3 weeks post-partum I feel like a normal person now so I'm going to start attempting to take my children in public--you know, to places like doctors appointments, church and the grocery store. We aren't ready for any real outings --maybe never!

Little William has been our easiest baby yet (so far), which is good because I definitely have less time to hold a crying baby! He sleeps at night 5-6 hours in between feedings, which is twice as long as the other kids were sleeping at his age. I think he's my favorite.

No comments: